Hi Grobu,

On 28/11/15 15:07, Grobu wrote:
> Is it safe to assume that all the relative (cross) links take one of
> the following forms? :
>
>     http://www.aeva.asn.au/forums/forum_posts.asp
>     www.aeva.asn.au/forums/forum_posts.asp
>     /forums/forum_posts.asp
>     /forum_posts.asp (are you really sure about this one?)
>
> If so, and if your goal boils down to converting all instances of old
> style URLs to new style ones regardless of the context where they
> appear, why would a regex fail to meet your needs?

I'm actually not discounting anything and as I mentioned, I've already
used some regex to extract the properly-formed URLs (those starting with
http://).  I was fortunately able to find some example regex that I
could figure out enough to tweak for my purpose.  Unfortunately, my
small brain hurts whenever I try and understand what a piece of regex is
doing and I don't like having bits in my code that hurt my brain.

BTW, that's not meant to be an invitation to someone to produce some
regex for me, if I can't find any other way of doing it, I'll try and
create my own regex and come back here if I can't get that working.

Cheers,

--
Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia