On 12/12/15 17:09, Laura Creighton wrote:
In a message of Sat, 12 Dec 2015 17:59:52 +0100, Peter Otten writes:
Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 12/12/15 15:09, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 12/12/2015 14:42, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Debian Jessie, python 2.7; python 3.4

I have an application, using pygame for graphics, that works fine under
python2.7. I have run it through 2to3, but when running the result under
python 3.4, I get the error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "ppm304.py", line 9, in <module>
      import pygame
ImportError: No module named 'pygame'

So, python 3.4 can't find the library, whilst python 2.7 can.
How do I track down/fix the missing dependency.

This isn't a 2to3 translation problem.  You've installed pygame under
2.7 at some point, repeat the process for 3.4.  I've no idea how you'd
do that on Debian Jessie but on Windows it'd be "pip3.4 install pygame".

Thanks, Mark, for the pointer. I'm pretty sure I installed Pygame from
Debian's repository, via apt-get install python-pygame. I believe that
should be effective for any version of Python.

No, that is the version for Python 2. If there is a Python 3 version it will
be called

python3-pygame

but no such package seems to be available:

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=jessie&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=python3-pygame

There is one in unstable, I forgot to check for jessie, sorry about that.

Laura

Thanks, Laura, and others who have replied. You're right; python-3-pygame exists in unstable, but has not yet made it to jessie, even in backports.

So, I'll stick with python 2.7 for the time being; really no hardship :)