Chris Angelico wrote:
[…] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn […] wrote:
Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 21/12/2015 07:51, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
Chris Angelico wrote:
But it's been clearly stated that .format is not going to do away
with percent formatting, and all language of "new-style formatting"
has been removed so as not to cause confusion.
Wishful thinking, twice.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/dev/969817
What is this supposed to be evidence of?
Proof that percent formatting isn't planned for deprecation, much less
removal.
Then it would have failed to accomplish that.

There is strong support for it in certain quarters of python-dev. […]
There *was*.  The referred thread is from 2012-02.  It is 2015-12.

Then show some evidence that python-dev has changed in viewpoint.

And why would I do that?  I have claimed no such thing.

Your attempt to shift the burden of proof is unsuccessful.

BTW, which part of “attribution line” did you not understand?

Would you please go away as your continued trolling is getting tedious.

TIA.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence