Michael Vilain <vil...@nospamcop.net> writes:
> We used stash/bitbucket at my last contract.  It's the second site I've
> come across that used Atlasian's toolset.  Yes, I know it's not
> statistically significant.
>
> Anyway, the pull/merge request workflow is becoming pretty standard.

I think you're missing a distinction between "pull/merge request
workflow" and the specific artifact that github _calls_ a "pull
request", which includes references to specific github accounts, a
discussion thread on their proprietary discussion software (vs an email
list or the python issue tracker) maintained on their servers and not
servers that PSF controls, etc.