On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Martinez, Jorge Alberto (GE Aviation) <
jorgealberto.marti...@ge.com> wrote:

> Hello
> We develop applications here with Python and I want to know if there's
issues by using.
> We use NumPy, PyDaqMx, Py Visa
>
> How can we cover this licensing?

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

* NumPy is BSD-licensed, which means you can use NumPy in a commercial
product as long as you include its license.
* PyDAQmx is BSD-licensed as well.  (You can find that information in their
GitHub repository's README, https://github.com/clade/PyDAQmx)
* Py Visa is MIT licensed (info on their GitHub:
https://github.com/hgrecco/pyvisa/blob/master/LICENSE), which means you can
also use it in your software as long as you include the license.

For summaries of lots of licenses, you can look at tldrlegal.com.

* BSD license: https://tldrlegal.com/license/bsd-3-clause-license-(revised)
* MIT license: https://tldrlegal.com/license/mit-license

It's never a bad idea to consult a lawyer.  Since you work for GE, I would
imagine there is an army of lawyers happy to answer this question at your
disposal.  Finding out how to talk to them might be the hard part.

Cody