On 02/08/2016 12:29 PM, egarr...@gmail.com wrote:
I am using the "logging" module for my own package, but changing the level from "INFO" to
"DEBUG" enables debugging statements from third-party libraries as well.  How can I avoid them?
Here is the code I am using:

     import logging

     logger = logging.getLogger(__name__)
     log_file = logging.FileHandler("activity.log", mode='w')
     log_file.setFormatter(logging.Formatter(fmt='%(levelname)s: %(message)s'))
     logger.addHandler(log_file)
     logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO) # or DEBUG

Thank you.

Hi,

basicConfig will configure the *root* logger, the parent of all loggers. You need to set it to DEBUG, otherwise no DEBUG logs will be displayed.

However you can set levels to loggers independently, and you simply need to configure the third party logger to whatever level you want.

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG)
logging.getLogger("yourthirdpartyloggername").setLevel(logging.INFO)

JM