On 02/09/2016 07:47 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Anthony Papillion <anth...@cajuntechie.org> writes:
>
>> On 02/09/2016 07:26 PM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
>>> I am using datetime.now() to create a unique version of a filename.
>>> […]
>>
>> Found the solution in strftime(). Exactly what I was looking for.
>
> For the task of making a unique filename, you should also consider the
> ‘tempfile’ module in the standard library.

I looked at tempfile. Unfortunately, the filename has to be both
'unique' and 'identifiable' to the original. So if I am using mydog.jpg
as the source and I am adding something unique to it, it has to still
have mydog.jpg in the filename. Tempfile, I think, doesn't allow an easy
way to do that. So I'm just adding the exact date and time which is
unique enough for my purposes.

Thanks for the pointer though.

Anthony