On 29/02/2016 22:40, Larry Martell wrote:
On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Ben Finney <ben+pyt...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> writes:

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 10:26:32 PM UTC+5:30, Ben Finney wrote:
Ian Kelly  writes:

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Larry Martell  wrote:
I found this to be a very sad story. Sure, he had some issues, but I
don't think they needed to drug him, and take all that he had
learned away from him and turn him back into what he was before.

"All that he had learned" meaning his delusions and psychoses?

Indeed. If a revelation is unconnected to reality, it's misleading to
say that one has "learned" it.

And who is the last arbiter on that 'reality'?

A nice academic question. Not appropriate when we're discussing a real
person's psychotic episodes. Neither you nor I are experts in whether an
experience is psychosis, and the person already has an expert diagnosis.

So please don't de-rail into the weeds of second-guessing an expert in
mental health. Unless you know the person's mental health better than
their doctor (and you do not), don't second-guess the diagnosis they
received.

I think for the most part, the mental health industry is most
interested in pushing drugs and forcing people into some status quo.

I am disgusted by your comments.  I'll keep my original reply in reserve.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence