On 3/11/2016 3:05 PM, Joel Goldstick wrote:

Enter the python shell.  Import csv

then type help(csv)

It is highly configurable

Possibly, but I am having a hard time letting it know that it should leave each and every char alone, ignore quoting and just handle strings as strings. I tried playing with the quoting related parameters, to no avail:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./myscript.py", line 47, in <module>
    myReader = csv.reader(csvfile, delimiter='\t',quotechar='')
TypeError: quotechar must be set if quoting enabled

I tried adding CVS.QUOTE_NONE, but things get messy :(

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./myscript.py", line 64, in <module>
    sys.stdout.write("\t"+row[h])
IndexError: list index out of range

Sorry for being a pain, but I am porting from Perl and split /\t/,$line; was doing the job for me. Maybe I should go back to split on '\t' for python too...