On 3/30/2016 9:09 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Eric S. Johansson <e...@harvee.org> wrote:
I need a co-conspirator with better hands than mine to get through the next
stage which is some form of an AST smart editor that operates on larger
chunks such as idioms or snippets in a speech friendly way. Ideally I'd like
to see a bidirectional transform between the spoken form and a code form so
that you can edit the spoken form and regenerate the code.
Sounds to me like what you want is a variant language, a
speech-friendly programming language that compiles to Python. You
effectively store the spoken version, and translate it (one way) to
Python for execution.

That would be ideal but the problem comes with working with the team. I can't expect the other members the team to learn the system. I need to be able to work according to the teams rules (coding style etc.) for proper integration into an effort. Maybe I should be looking at machine learning for identifying patterns in the code and translation back to a spoken form.

It be interesting to see what people could come up with though for a speech friendly Python model. I've been wrestling with the problem so long, I probably have tons of blind spots.