03.04.2016 20:52, Rustom Mody пишет:

To really localize python one would have to
1. Localize the keywords
2. Localize all module names
3. Localize all the help strings
4. Localize the entire stuff up at https://docs.python.org/3/
5. ...

That is probably one or two orders of magnitude more work than
localizing gimp or Word

So if this is the full goal how far does
"You can now spell (or misspell) your python identifiers in any language of your
choice"
go towards that goal?

As an OP, can I participate in the discussion? Here in Russia we have a monstrous bookkeeping system called 1C-Predpriyatiye that is used by almost all firms and organizations, from kiosks to huge factories. This system has a Basic-like language with keywords, module names etc. localized in Russian language, but it has also English, German, and Ukrainian localizations. I don't want to say that common programming languages should be like this, but here we have an example that it can be done.