On 2016-04-19, Pete Forman <petef4+use...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question asks why monospace is used for the text.

Well, I always use a monospaced font for code because I find it helps
readability for things like tables of data, block comments, and lines
of code that have some sort of parallel structure that I want to be
obvious to the reader.

> And more generally that programmers sticking to text when rest of
> world has moved on is rather backward:
> http://blog.languager.org/2012/10/html-is-why-mess-in-programming-syntax.html

The same reason humans use written and spoken language rather than
just drawing pictures, pointing, and grunting?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! What a COINCIDENCE!
                                  at               I'm an authorized "SNOOTS