Michael Selik wrote:

>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 7:46 PM, Rob Gaddi <rgaddi@highlandtechnology.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I've got a package that contains a global ensmartened dict that allows
>> all the various parts of my program to share state.
>
> The simplest solution would be to use a module as your singleton. For
> example, "registry.py" would work. Pydoc will show its docstring, and it will
> have all the features you had been using, with the added benefit of not
> needing to enforce its singletonness.

REALLY needs to be an object, preferably dict-like.  For instance, one
of the things it does is provide a .getKeyChanged(self, key) method that
returns a keyChanged QSignal so that various elements of the program can
all register for notifications triggered by __setitem__.  That way, when
Registry['dut'] gets updated, all of the various GUI elements reliant on
information about the dut all dump their old data and find out about the
newly connected device.