On 7/25/2016 12:45 PM, Joaquin Alzola wrote:
Hi Guys

I have a question related to unittest.

I suppose a SW that is going to live will not have any trace of
unittest module along their code.

In order to test idlelib, I had to a _utest=False (unittest = False) parameter to some functions. They are there when you run IDLE.

I like to put

if __name__ == '__main__': <run this file's unittest test> at the bottom of non-script files. Some people don't like this, but it makes running the tests trivial while editing a file -- whether to make a test pass or to avoid regressions when making 'neutral' changes.

So is it the way to do it to put all unittest in a preproduction
environment and then remove all lines relate to unittest once the SW
is release into production?

How would you know that you do not introduce bugs when you change code after testing?

When you install Python on Windows, installing the test/ directory is a user option.

--
Terry Jan Reedy