Am 13.09.16 um 22:08 schrieb kerbingamer376:
The tkinter file dialog is, for me, unusable. Whenever I try to use
it, it opens, but all the text is white on a white background (see
this http://xomf.com/qzhgy) making it unusable. This has happened on
2 linux systems, both KDE plasma 5. Any help?

Never seen that. This dialog is implemented in Tcl under X11, so maybe somebody from over there can help. I can imagine that it is a strange setting for colours in the option database. In your screenshot, I can see the file names in a very bright grey colour. bin, probably selected, is black. If you use the arrow keys to navigate the files, does it "highlight" the current item in black?

Best regards,

        Christian