Hi,

I am not sure if this is an intended consequence but when using the webbrowser module to open a new blank browser tab in chrome it opens it in a new browser window instead of using the current window. Providing any complete url provides different behaviour, it opening a new tab in the current browser window. Below is some code that produces the different behaviours.

blank tab code:
import webbrowser

chrome = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe %s"
url = "chrome://newtab"
webbrowser.get(chrome).open_new_tab(url)
webbrowser.get(chrome).open_new_tab(url)

normal tab code:

url = "http://google.com";
webbrowser.get(chrome).open_new_tab(url)
webbrowser.get(chrome).open_new_tab(url)

I would like to be able to open new blank tabs in the current browser window if possible. If you know of a way to do this with the webbrowser module I would appreciate your help. Also is there any chance that the ability to close browser tabs will be added to the webbrowser module soon?

Kind Regards,
James Ansell