On 09/26/2016 01:57 PM, Cai Gengyang wrote:
Ok it works now:

for row in range(10):
      for column in range(10):
       print("*",end="")

but how is it different from ---

for row in range(10):
       for column in range(10):
          print("*",end="")

SyntaxError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

Why does the example on top work and the example below doesn't work ? The only difference
is that the "print" statement is one space different from each other. Forgive
me if i can't explain things clearly over the forum

As they came through in the newsgroup, BOTH run correctly, because both versions had leading spaces only. (I did a careful copy/paste to check this.) Tabs are sometimes handled incorrectly/inconsistently in newsgroup postings. But if you read the Traceback error message, it is telling you that you have a mix of tabs and spaces _in your original_. READ the error messages, they are important!

--
     -=- Larry -=-