On 09/23/2016 05:02 PM, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:34:20 AM UTC+12, Emile wrote:
Hmm, then I'll have to wait longer to experience the unreliability as
the handful of automated gui tools I'm running has only been up 10 to 12
years or so.

You sound like you have a solution for the OP, then.

My solution was to automate one of the then available windows gui scripting tools. I've stopped doing windows in the meantime and no longer know what's available. My point was that it is possible to automate windows reliably as long as the programming is robust. You indicated you found automating unreliable -- I disagree.

Emile