Il 26/10/2016 09:13, pozz ha scritto:
> [...]
When the user press Start button (the pressed handler is in the GUI class):

  self.comm_active = True
  threading.Thread(target=self.comm_thread).start()

The backend thread is:

  def comm_thread(self):
    while self.comm_active:
      self.device.get_status()
      GLib.idle_add(self.polling_received)
      time.sleep(1)
    self.m.close()
> [...]

Now I have some concerns even in using self.comm_active. It is a boolean variable accessed by the GUI thread (inside Start/Stop buttons handler) and backend thread (in the "while self.comm_active" instruction).

Is it safe to access this variable from two different threads? Should I implement a safer and more complex mechanism? If yes, what mechanism?