On 11/21/2016 11:27 AM, subhabangal...@gmail.com wrote:
I have a python script where I am trying to read from a list of files in a
folder and trying to process something.
As I try to take out the output I am presently appending to a list.

But I am trying to write the result of individual files in individual list or
files.

The script is as follows:

import glob
def speed_try():
     #OPENING THE DICTIONARY
     a4=open("/python27/Dictionaryfile","r").read()
     #CONVERTING DICTIONARY INTO WORDS
     a5=a4.lower().split()
     list1=[]
     for filename in glob.glob('/Python27/*.txt'):
         a1=open(filename,"r").read()
         a2=a1.lower()
         a3=a2.split()
         for word in a3:
             if word in a5:
                 a6=a5.index(word)
                 a7=a6+1
                 a8=a5[a7]
                 a9=word+"/"+a8
                 list1.append(a9)
             elif word not in a5:
                 list1.append(word)
             else:
                 print "None"

     x1=list1
     x2=" ".join(x1)
     print x2

Till now, I have tried to experiment over the following solutions:

a) def speed_try():
       #OPENING THE DICTIONARY
       a4=open("/python27/Dictionaryfile","r").read()
       #CONVERTING DICTIONARY INTO WORDS
       a5=a4.lower().split()
       list1=[]
       for filename in glob.glob('/Python27/*.txt'):
          a1=open(filename,"r").read()
          a2=a1.lower()
          a3=a2.split()
           list1.append(a3)

     x1=list1
     print x1

Looks very close but I am unable to fit the if...elif...else part.

b) import glob
def multi_filehandle():
     list_of_files = glob.glob('/Python27/*.txt')
     for file_name in list_of_files:
         FI = open(file_name, 'r')
         FI1=FI.read().split()
         FO = open(file_name.replace('txt', 'out'), 'w')
         for line in FI:

at this point, there's nothing left to be read from FI having been fully drained to populate FI1 -- maybe you want to loop over FI1 instead?

Emile

             FO.write(line)

         FI.close()
         FO.close()

I could write output but failing to do processing of the files between opening
and writing.

I am trying to get examples from fileinput.

If anyone of the learned members may kindly suggest how may I proceed.

I am using Python2.x on MS-Windows.

The practices are scripts and not formal codes so I have not followed style
guides.

Apology for any indentation error.

Thanking in advance.