On 29 Mar 2017, at 20:12, Steve D'Aprano wrote:

If you can demonstrate this effect using simple example code without the external dependencies (using nothing but the standard library) and people
can replicate it, I think it should be reported as a bug.

I probably won't be able to demonstrate the effect with simple example code because I haven't the slightest idea what is causing it. Also, I'm not sure how much more time I want to invest in this. After all it is a problem that might never get noticed by any users of the software.

Jan