On 2017-07-30 22:31, Ode Idoko via Python-list wrote:
Hi, I am new to Python and though I have been able to download the 3.6 version
on my laptop , I still have issues with the syntax. While writing a program to
execute, it will display syntax error with different shades of color usually
green or yellow.
What can I do about this? How do I know the error and effect it? Can't it be
programmed like we have in excel that will tell you error and prompt you if you
wish to accept the right formula format?
Please I need more information on this.
Thanks.
Ode

If there's a syntax error, it'll tell you what the error is.

If it's merely showing parts of a line in different colours, that's "syntax colouring". In IDLE, for example, comments are shown in red and string literals are shown in green.