On 02/08/2017 20:34, Glenn Linderman wrote:
On 8/2/2017 1:13 AM, Robin Becker wrote:

we always seem to get keys in K even if it is an empty list.

Can you treat None and empty list the same?

Looking at the envirnment that the cgi script sees I cannot see anything obvious except the expected differences for the two frontend servers.

Might be more enlightening to look at the input data stream, if the environment is the same.

Seems for the servicenow requests that with apache no CONTENT_TYPE is set in the environment, but nginx+fcgiwrap has CONTENT_TYPE=''. That makes cgi.FieldStorage behave differently as when not available it sets a default content-type of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" which then forces a parse and creates an empty list attribute.

I think the way forward would be to force an empty CONTENT_TYPE into the environment if it is not already set.
--
Robin Becker