On 2017-08-27 20:35, Christopher Reimer via Python-list wrote:
On 8/27/2017 11:54 AM, Peter Otten wrote:

The documentation

https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#making-the-soup

says you can make the BeautifulSoup object from a string or file.
Can you give a few more details where the queue comes into play? A small
code sample would be ideal.

A worker thread uses a request object to get the page and puts it into
queue as page.content (HTML).  Another worker thread gets the
page.content from the queue to apply BeautifulSoup and nothing happens.

soup = BeautifulSoup(page_content, 'lxml')
print(soup)

No output whatsoever. If I remove 'lxml', I get the UserWarning that no
parser wasn't explicitly set and get the reference to threading.py at
line 80.

I verified that page.content that goes into and out of the queue is the
same page.content that goes into and out of a list.

I read somewhere that BeautifulSoup may not be thread-safe. I've never
had a problem with threads storing the output into a queue. Using a
queue (random order) instead of a list (sequential order) to feed pages
for the input is making it wonky.

What do you mean by "queue (random order)"? A queue is sequential order, first-in-first-out.