On 9/10/2017 5:05 PM, iurly wrote:
Il giorno domenica 10 settembre 2017 18:53:33 UTC+2, MRAB ha scritto:

I've had a quick look at the source code.

When an object is put into the queue, it's actually put into an internal
buffer (a deque), and then the method returns.

An internal thread works through the buffer and pickles the objects.

Therefore, just because the method has returned, it doesn't mean that
it's now safe to modify the object.

I see. So that explains everything. However, I wonder if that's the intended
behavior and/or that should be documented somehow.

We are still improving the docs. Reread the docs and if you think something is needed, open an issue, preferably the the new wording you would like.

--
Terry Jan Reedy