On 2017-09-20 01:41, Stefan Ram wrote:
Steve D'Aprano <steve+pyt...@pearwood.info> writes:
A simple "autocorrect" in *what*? The interpreter? The editor? Both?

   I imagine something like this: When the editor gets the
   command to run the contents of the buffer as Python,
   it would then do the autocorrect in the buffer (making a
   backup first or preparing an undo feature) as a kind of
   preprocessor and then send the result to Python. But the
   user is encouraged to also continue to work with the result
   of the preprocessor.

Do you think Microsoft will consider adding it to Notepad? I seem to recall that
you use an editor which doesn't even auto-indent after a colon.

   In fact, in my courses, I often use Notepad.

   In my Python course, I will use the console that comes with
   Python and, later, I may introduce how to create source files
   with Notepad, but I will also show IDLE.

Notepad is very basic. There are many free and open-source text editors available. I suggest you try one!