On 9/20/17 11:17 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
There are tools for getting doctests out of .rst files.  Is it an option to
use .rst instead of .md?
Given the existence proof of md working as an extension (see my
previous follow-up), my guess is that it more-or-less supports just
about any nearly-plain-text format. I could use .rst, I suppose, but
then I'd have to add a magic token to my files to tell Emacs they are
really in Markdown format.

I didn't mean, "Can you name your Markdown files with an .rst extension," I meant, "Can you use ReST instead of Markdown?"

--Ned.