On 9/25/2017 12:03 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
You're using Python 3, and I suspect that you're working from
instructions that assume Python 2. In Python 3, the result of map() is
a generator, not a list (which is what Python 2's map returned). In
order to get an actual list (which appears to be what you need for
your plot call) you just need to call the list constructor:

y1 = list(map(math.sin, math.pi*t))

Although given that you're using numpy, it may be that there's a more
idiomatic numpy way of doing this. I'm not a numpy expert though, so I
can't help on that.

Paul
Paul,
Thank you very much for the explanation.

best regards,
John