On 09/29/2017 03:15 AM, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
"Carefully-designed experiments" -- yeah, that is so totally how the coders I've
worked with operate *wink*

I think that's an awfully optimistic description of how the average programmer
works :-)

Better not hire average programmers then. I do "Carefully-designed experiments" to find non-obvious bugs so I guess I am not average. I get the impression that many people here are above average too.

Personally I think you are being pessimistic about "average" programmers. Perhaps you just know the sloppy kind.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.