On 10/31/2017 11:01 AM, Rhodri James wrote:
On 31/10/17 02:06, Alberto Riva wrote:

Steve D'Aprano gave you a pretty full answer, I just wanted to add:

 The kind of
statement I was trying to add would at least have made that explicit: return-if-so-and-so-happens.

That's only obvious in the function that's doing the returning.  The function that's doing the calling that gets its expectation of flow control broken has no clue, and that's my problem.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I meant that the function that's doing the returning should be called "return-if-so-and-so-happens", literally ;) So when it appears in the body of another function, it's clear that it *may* invoke a return. Not saying it's a good idea, but just that when you read something like that you can expect evaluation flow to be disrupted.

Again: I'm not saying it's a good idea, please don't take this as a serious feature request :)

Alberto

--
                E-mail address:
((lambda (s a b c) (map 'string #'code-char (mapcar (lambda (v)