On 12/4/17 10:41 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
I think we've demonstrated the slicing semantics well.
Indeed. And i never questioned this aspect. I merely wanted
to inform the lurkers that the else-clause was handling a
non-action, and therefore, could be omitted.

Your original statement sounded like, "The else clause can never be executed," which would have been in direct opposition to the point, that slicing outside the limits would produce an empty list, not an exception.  I'm not sure why you are certain that there's never a reason to execute code in that case.

Perhaps I have a simulation on a conceptually infinite line, but only store the actual points needed.  The "non action" would be to extend the line.

--Ned.