Am 05.01.18 um 22:15 schrieb Michael Torrie:
Please, no!  We don't need emoji in this group. Fortunately the vast
majority of posters use plain text (as is the etiquette) and so we don't
have to worry about that kind of nonsense.

It's not needed, but shouldn't pose any big problems with modern software? I'm using Thunderbird over NNTP, and this shows up as graphics to me:

🐍 💻

(a snake and a computer) Unless this message is blocked at the NNTP-List boundary, it should show the same on any recent mail reader.

    Christian