On 2018-02-27, Ian Kelly <ian.g.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Congratulations!
>> You have an "A" for solving the problem and "F" for helping the guy cheat.
>> You should be expelled from the course.
>
> In my experience, this is what happens pretty much every time.
> Somebody posts a homework question asking for the answer, a few people
> say something to the effect of, "This looks like homework. What have
> you tried so far?" Then some other bozo comes along who just likes
> solving easy problems and hands up the answer on a silver platter.

If the student is actively trying to avoid learning something, there's
nothing you can do to help them.  They're just wasting their own time
and money.

The fun part is giving them a solution that's so obscure and "clever"
that it technically meets the stated requirement but is so far from
what the instructor wanted that they don't get credit for it (and
there's no way the student will be able explain how it works to the
instructor).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! We just joined the
                                  at               civil hair patrol!