Am 25.03.18 um 14:32 schrieb bartc:
Using CPython on my machine, doing a string to int conversion that specific number took 200 times as long as doing a normal assignment.

That conversion took 4 microseconds.

Not significant if it's only done once. But it might be executed a million times.

Honestly, why should it be executed a million times? Do you have a million different 400 digit numbers as constants in your code? If so, I suggest to store them in a database file accompanied with the code.

If there are few different only, then don't do the conversion a million times. Convert them at module initialization and assign them to a global variable.

        Christian