On 5/16/18 10:06 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Wed, 16 May 2018 09:23:02 -0400, Ned Batchelder wrote:

I've also experimented with different ways to better say "everything is
an object".  One possibility is, "any right-hand side of an assignment
is an object," though that is a bit tortured.
What if there's no assignment?

Now I'm thinking of trying, "Any piece of data is an object."
Is None data? How about True and False?

Surely object() isn't data... and if it is, what about len?

This is what I meant by the complication when you get to a deeper discussion of all the possible kinds of Python values. I think even beginners would consider True and False as data.  The others take more explanation.

--Ned.