On 09Jun2018 22:50, Tamara Berger <brg...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 5:05 AM Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
A third possibility is that you made a mymodules somewhere else (such as in
your top level home directory), and later decided to put it on your Desktop to
make it easy to find/access.

I did save it in My Documents first and then moved it to my desktop.
But I did not write code. I just dragged and dropped.

So you might have decided to "mv" your "mymodules"
folder into the Desktop like this:

  mv mymodules Desktop/mymodules

which is fine. But mv has some interesting behaviour. If "mymodules" didn't
exist in Desktop, then youre "mymodules" will get moved into the Desktop.
However, if mv's final argument is an _existing_ directory, mv puts things
inside it. So if you went:

  mkdir Desktop/mymodules
  mv mymodules Desktop/mymodules

then mv would put your top level "mymodules" _inside_ the "Desktop/mymodules"
folder that already exists, producing the structure you currently have.

I didn't do any of this. Could dragging and dropping have created the
duplicate folder?

Maybe? If you'd premade an empty "Desktop/mymodules" first, and happened to drop the "My Documents/mymodules" onto it instead of "into" the wider "Desktop" folder. Again, just guessing.

We should just get on; just pay close attention next time you move things around like this and see if anything suggests itself as an explaination.

BTW, congrats: a fine inline response!

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>