On 14/06/18 16:00, T Berger wrote:
On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 8:02:44 AM UTC-4, Chris Angelico wrote:

They're connected. "Subscribe to the list" makes you a member of the
mailing list (and thus you will start receiving posts), which also
entitles you to send to the list. Sending email to that address will
send it to the list. So what you're seeing is not options, but steps -
first you subscribe, then you send email.

OK. And can you tell me how to apply filters so that only replies to my emails
are included. I subscribed to the list a couple of weeks ago and then had to
unsubscribe because I was getting emails on every posted topic.

That's exactly how mailing lists work: you get everything. Any filtering has to be done at your end in your mail program. Personally I use Thunderbird, get it to sort messages into threads (sequences of conversation, in effect) and only read the threads that seem interesting.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd