On 22/06/2018 09:33, bart4...@gmail.com wrote:
It costs me some genuine effort to make what I believe are relevant
and interesting technical posts

I thank you for at least taking that trouble. But I think that this is probably where the difference lies. This newsgroup/mailing list is primarily for the purpose of asking about or discussing aspects of the Python programming language, not a forum for discussing languages in general.

Obviously a genuine enquiry into how or why Python has taken a particular design path can lead to an enlightening discussion on language design. Sometimes as an unexpected spin-off discussion from an original query.

But, for the most part Bart, you've failed to understand anyone's design decisions but your own. You've consistently replied in a way that effectively dismisses the various challenges facing this particular language at this particular point in time, and instead have referred to your own design choices and implementations as an exemplar.

If you have a genuine interest in how Python is implemented (and not simply in expressing how it is different in some way to your own languages) then please bring it up.

If you have a plausible way in which Python could improve then please take it to the Python Ideas list (and be prepared for some robust discussion):

But if your only goal is to highlight the advantages of your own language and design choices, then please write a blog post, or tweet about it, or take it to some kind of cross-language forum.

Thanks

TJG