On 07/03/18 21:25, Ben Finney wrote:
Jim Lee <jle...@gmail.com> writes:

On 07/03/18 19:58, Ben Finney via Python-list wrote:
Jim Lee <jle...@gmail.com> writes:

If you were to say John had 2 apples, Jane had 4 apples, and Joe had
an indefinite number of apples, how many numbers are we talking about?
Three numbers. And “indefinite” is not one of those numbers. So, no,
that doesn't support “"indefinite" is a number”.

Exactly.  And you've just confirmed my original argument.  Thanks!
Still no, because you're the only one who claimed "indefinite" is a number.

No, I claimed that Steven was using three different numbers to refer to the time it takes to master a subject:

10,000 hours
an indefinite number
2 years

Being pedantic about the meaning of "number" is just a way to get off the subject.  You yourself said we were talking about THREE numbers!

-Jim