On 09/30/2018 09:30 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

Notwithstanding Ethan's comment about having posted the suspension notice
on the list, I see no sign that he actually did so.

My apologies to you and the list. I did indeed only send the notice to the other moderators.

Contrary to what you and others may believe, banning/suspending people is not a gleeful, stress-free activity. None of us like to do it. Also contrary to what you and others seem to believe, I did not make those decisions by myself.

As far as challenging the ban, I think the first step would be talking to the CoC working group:

  conduct-wg at python.org

If you don't like that answer, the next (and final, as far as I'm aware) stop would be the PSF.

I have updated the filter that should be catching your posts, so hopefully the suspension is now working properly. Since you did choose to ignore the ban, the two-month period restarts now.

--
~Ethan~
Python List Moderator