On 01/12/2018 10:10, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
In my case, I need an explicit terminator marker to know when a JSON
value is complete. For example, if I should read from a socket:

    123

[snip]

You're having to invent a transport protocol to encapsulate your data protocol because you don't otherwise have the information you're after (packet length in this case). This shouldn't be a surprise.

The OSI seven-layer model of networking may be overkill for most purposes, but it is worth knowing. We can often get away with omitting layers. You just hit a case where you can't.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd