"^Bart"  wrote in message news:q2mghh$ah6$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

> 1. The last two lines appear to be indented under the 'if number3 < ' > line. I think you want them to be unindented so that they run every > time.

I'm sorry but I didn't completely understand what you wrote about the last two lines, please could you write how my code could be fixed?

The last four lines of your program look like this -

if number3 < number2 and number3 < number1:
    numbermin = number3

    print("Number min is: ",numbermin)

    numbermiddle = (number1+number2+number3)-(numbermax+numbermin)

    print("Number middle is: ",numbermiddle)

The last three lines all fall under the 'if number3 < number2' line, so they will only be executed if that line evaluates to True.

I think that you want the last two lines to be executed every time. If so, they should be lined up underneath the 'if', not the 'print'.

>     if a == 1:
>         do something
>     elif a == 2:
>         do something else

Finally I understood the differences between if and elif! Lol! :D

It is actually short for 'else if', but I guess it is not obvious if you have not seen it before!

Frank