On 1/31/2019 3:31 PM, Chupo via Python-list wrote:
In article <mailman.464.1548964847.4816.python-l...@python.org>, Chris
Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> says...
There are stupid questions, but I enjoy answering those too. You don't
need to apologize for asking these questions. All you need to do is
ignore the trolls like Rick. In fact, if you abandon Google Groups and
instead read the mailing list python-list@python.org, you can just
leave behind all the people who've been blocked.

Thank you for the tip.

I am in fact not using Google Groups but am accessing comp.lang.python
via nntp:// by using a newsreader.

Then point your newsreader, as I have, to news.gmane.org and subscribe to gmane.comp.python.general, which mirrors python-list.

--
Terry Jan Reedy