Cameron wrote:

> Skip has commented on lists being unhashable. We can elaborate on that
> if you like.
>
> However, even if you went to tuples (which would let you construct the
> dict you lay out above), there is another problem.
>
> You're looking up "x" in the dict. But the keys of the dict are not
> integers, they are lists (or tuples) or integers, so they won't match.

Yeah, I solved the immediate issue, but not the ultimate problem. I
was replying from my phone. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Durn smart-ass phones. They kill your attention span. I had to get
back to the cat videos. :-)

Sayth wrote:

> It seems odd with C having switch that its cleaner and more efficient than
> python where we are having to implement our own functions to recreate switch
> everytime.

Python's development team has considered the possibility of adding a
switch/case statement to Python, more than once I think. Various
alternatives have been considered and rejected. It's all documented in
PEP 3103:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3103/

Skip