My boss wants my code to run on Python 3.5, so I thought I'd install 3.5 to be
able to ascertain this.

But Linux Mint 19 ships with Python 3.6 and python.org only provides source
code for 3.5.6<https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-356/>. So I
thought I'd try compiling 3.5.6 myself.

This produced compiler warnings about: comparison between signed and unsigned,
switches falling though, use of deprecated macros in glibc headers and too big
object sizes leading to overflows in memcpy. This worries me the most, because
it looks like undefined behavior to my untrained eye. I wonder if my system is
misconfigured? Or if the configure script picks wrong sizes for some reason? Is
there incompatibility between Python 3.5 and newer glibc headers?

In addition, make test shows up one failing test: test_ssl.

All I want is to have an installation that is not broken. If the above failures
are false positives, I can gladly ignore them; however, since (unsupressed)
warnings and failing tests are usually a sign of serious problems, I wonder
what should I do get a functional installation?

I do believe I should have all dependencies installed. First, I kept installing
libraries until `make` stopped showing me info about missing bits for optional
modules. Then, just to make sure, I did sudo apt-get build-dep python3. Problem
is still not solved, however.

Pastes:

Full log<https://paste.pound-python.org/show/6cKprUH9tlULuAKxfzmp/>. Just
warnings.<https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Q6pRdh4gt5VhhUaqpZrM/> Just