> * Which challenges from inter-process communication should be taken better
> into
>   account for the involved programming interfaces (because of
> multi-threading)?

I would like to clarify another recurring challenge with network configuration.
A port number should be selected somehow for the service where the desired
input data will be received.

It can be nice when a fixed port can be specified for such data exchange.
Advanced service management can achieve a reasonably safe number allocation.

But I would occasionally prefer a dynamic selection for some data processing
approaches on my test systems.
How does the support look like for the handling of ephemeral ports by
programming interfaces for Python?

Regards,
Markus