On 7/10/2019 6:37 PM, CrazyVideoGamez wrote:

the below twice. Please post just once and be patient for at least a couple of hours -- or days if not subscribed.

How do you replace a variable with its value in python 3.7.2?

Use the variable (name) in an expression. But this is not what you ask below.

For example, say I have:

dinner = {'Starters':['Fried Calamari', 'Potted crab'],'Main Course':['Fish',
'Meat'], 'Desert':['Cake', 'Banana Split']}

# Don't ask where I got the dinner from

I think most of us have seen examples like this in programming books.

for meal in dinner.keys():
         meal = list(dinner[meal]

But I only get one list called "meal"

Because it is just one identifier, and you rebind it to multiple values.

and I'm just changing it with the code above (you can find that by printing it
out). How can I make separate lists called 'Starters', 'Main Course', and
'Desert'?

starters = dinner['Starters']
main_course = dinner['Main Course']
desert = dinner['Desert']