On 01/08/2019 19:06, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 2:30 AM Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk> wrote:

Hi there, Adam!

On 01/08/2019 14:31, adam kabbara wrote:
Hello I am having trouble with tkinter when I enter the command from tkinter
import* I get an error message

What *exactly* did you type?  Please cut-and-paste from your
console/editor into the email, don't just retype it.  If you did
literally type "from tkinter import*" then Python is probably
complaining that it doesn't know what "import*" means because you missed
out a space!

Actually, Python's fine with that, but the principle is still valid:
be specific about what you entered and what Python replied.

Fair enough. I should try out "obvious syntax errors" before I declare them as such.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd