On 11/11/2019 17:55, Thomas Jollans wrote:
I'm sure it's possible to write Makefiles that work with both GNU make and NMake, but I imagine it's a rather limiting and thankless enterprise.

Is that something you actually do? (Maybe it's great, I really wouldn't know. Do tell!)

Trying to work cross-platform with NMake/GNU make is every bit as horrid as you're imagining when you start getting clever, and I haven't tried doing it for years. Generally when I'm working on both Windows and Linux, Cygwin is involved anyway so I just use GNU make and be done with it.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd