On 29/12/19 2:19 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
On 2019-12-29 12:52, Greg Ewing wrote:
I tend to do this too, although it's probably just a habit
carried over from languages such as Pascal and C where you
have to go out of your way to get things in a different
order.

Apparently I'm not alone in my Pascal/C-derived habits of
define-before-use.

I didn't expect to be the only one who would bring 'prior experience' into it...

Inside a class, I tend to roughly follow
   __new__ (if present)
   __init__
   other dunder methods
   subsequent methods alphabetically

+1

Should __new__() and __init__() break with convention because its/their method/function signature is (really) part of the class's signature, and thus there's a need for proximity?
(aka is "expected")
--
Regards =dn